Garrisonville Road Widening
GARRISONVILLE ROAD - STATE ROUTE 610- is a Public-Private Transportation Act (PPTA) and a 2008 Transportation Bond Referendum project. This project will widen approximately one mile of Garrisonville Road between
Onville Road (SR-641) and Eustace Road (SR-751) from a four-lane, undivided roadway, to a six-lane divided roadway.
April 2017 - VDOT VDOT approved final construction plans. Dominion Virginia Power & Columbia Gas completed relocating utilities. Verizon relocations ongoing. Comcast relocations moved to this month. Stormwater basin at Eustace Road is complete. Storm pipe installation under road is underway. Most structures have been demolished.
- This section of Garrisonville Road has experienced a 63% increase in traffic between 2009 and 2014
- Traffic on Garrisonville Road is projected to increase an additional 45% in the next 20 years
- Widen and improve 0.658 miles of Garrisonville Road (SR-610) to a six-lane divided roadway
- Extends from the intersection with Shenandoah Lane (SR-1236) to just west of the intersection with Onville Road (SR-641)
- Total Project Cost: $13 million
THE PROJECT WILL
- Provide 11’ travel lanes with curb & gutter to reduce drainage runoff
- Build a 5-foot concrete sidewalk along both sides of the roadway for pedestrians
- Improve Eustace Road and Center Street intersections with dedicated turn lanes
WHAT TO EXPECT
Construction Start: Mid-August 2016 End: JUNE 2017
Contractor: Branch Highways, Inc.
Lane Closures Allowed:
- 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM 7 Days/Week
- Contractor will maintain at least one travel lane in each direction during construction
- Contractor will maintain access to all businesses and residences during construction businesses may be restricted to a single entrance at times
WHO TO CONTACT
For any questions or concerns during construction, please contact one of the following:
- Alex Owsiak, P.E. Project Manager: (540) 658-4593
- Rick Haines, Superintendent: (540) 537-1473